Finding the Holiday Joy

Monday, December 27, 2010

Project 365 - Day 27

I started cross-stitching when I was 18, it has become my therapy in a way. I have given away so many pieces of my work, I can hardly remember them all, plus I have a tub full of finished pieces, just sitting in the there waiting for me to do something with them. It costs way more to have them framed then it does to stitch them. My reading vision isn't as great as it was when I was younger, ohhhh the woes of aging, plus I have Kyleigh alot, it's really hard to stitch while she's around. I have come to love photography so much and in a way it has taken the place of stitching, not to mention all the social interaction that I do on my share site and on the FB! Sometimes I pull it all out, sit back and look each piece over remember that times I spent stitching. I even went on stitching retreats, it was soo much fun. I still have projects that I work on here and there, using all my overdyed threads and linens. LizzieKate patterns are my favs because they're fun and whimsical, but I have done all kinds of patterns including reproductions and stuff by the Drawn Thread. These ornaments I pull out at Christmas, put them on the tree, they're so me!!! I actually infused my own stuff into some of the patterns. So before I start putting away Christmas here is Day 27.

Day 27

2 comments:

  1. Oh Lisa! More talent that you are keeping secret. I would hate for you to get rid of any of your cross stitch pieces; maybe one day K will want them for her own. You could make into pillow covers or sew several together for a small hanging quilt. And as your hobby of photography...girl you got it going on! Your images just keep better more and more interesting and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! It is beautiful! I also love the image. Amazing bokeh!

    ReplyDelete