Finding the Holiday Joy

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Project 365 - Day 169

Yesterday was a difficult day for our office. A co-worker of more than 10 years called to let us know that her 21 year old son was found dead in his car after being missing for 5 days. Foul play is suspected, it was a detective that came to their home to tell them they had found his body...........think about that, a stranger walks up your walkway and asks if you're the parents of Ryan, yes, I'm detective Joe, we think we have found your son's body.............not your son, but your son's body. I can not even begin to imagine this loss. He has been to many of our office get togethers, he's the same age as my youngest son, he has two younger sisters, he had only just begun...........Storms of things run thru your mind upon hearing this kind of news. My sister's middle child, Chris, was killed in a car wreck in 2000, he was 16! I don't know how my sister deals with it but I can tell you that still to this day I ache for his presence during the holidays. As I drove home I stopped at a church I pass every morning and night, I sat in the parking lot thinking, praying, sorting my thoughts......this has been a difficult week and then this happened pushing my thoughts right over the edge. It was a comfort to stare up at the cross, to know that God has a handle on things, even if I don't, even as my co-worker goes thru an unbelieveable loss...
Day 169

2 comments:

  1. Oh Lisa. I'm so sorry to hear this news. My prayers will be with you and your friend. I too cannot imagine that kind of loss. It's good that she has you to lean on. This image is beautiful and it's a great reminder that God does love each of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa...It's been awhile since I've been by. I know that this is a difficult time for many....in your office!
    I'm so sorry. What a comfort that you stopped at this church and you gave the Lord time to comfort your heart.
    {{hugs!}} Jean

    ReplyDelete